Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Making a 'pot of chocolate'!

Each Spring, I search for different

'chocolate' scented flowers to create a

'Chocolate Pot'!

I got all of my plants, pots, milk cans , etc.

together and this is the little vignette I came up with.








The chocolate plants that I used are...

Chocolate Mint.
It smells sooo good
and makes a fun addition to a
mug of hot cocoa or tea.

Chocolate Peppermint scented Geranium.
These can be used in many different ways ~
butters, jams, sauces,
flavor cakes or in potpourri.

Chocolate Scented Cosmos.
While these are not edible
they do smell just like
cocoa powder when the petals are rubbed!
And they are a lovely dark chocolate color, too!

I also added the twig 'Welcome' sign
that I made earlier this Spring.

My Chocolate Pot Garden is
right next to our parking area~
a bit of 'Welcome' for guests!
~*~
I am always on the lookout for more 'Chocolate' plants.
Do you have any suggestions?

~*~

Joining Susan for Outdoor Wednesday!
And
Kim for Wow Us Wednesday!
And
An Oregon Cottage
for
Tuesday Garden Party.

9 comments:

Nadine said...

mmm...I bet it smells wonderful! I would like to get a chocolate mint to add to my mint collection.

Blessings!
~Nadine

Joani said...

I have never heard of chocolate flowers. I must investigate. Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

Wow, that's cool! I just planted my chocolate mint the other day. Yay!

Jennifer said...

I had NO IDEA that there plants that smelled chocolate! Not even kidding. What a beautiful chocolate pot!! and, yes, a wonderful welcome for your guests (and yourself)!

Alexandra said...

I need to try this - devoting one area or pot to a scent! My scented plants are mixed, and it takes away from their scents, especially mixing spearmint with chocolate. The spearmint completely overpowers the chocolate.

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea. I grow chocolate mint, but not in such a beautiful vignette. Your blog is very beautiful to look at, also.

The Sage Butterfly said...

Wonderful idea! I can smell the aroma of chocolate...mmm-mm yummy!

Lynn said...

Sounds yummy! :)

Veronica said...

Great idea.and your blog is wonderful! I adore the background of your blog.

Veronica
Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds